Bibliography of UK Business and Industrial Studies
Some key facts:
- BHE enables the location of pubs and businesses
- contains details of c42,000 publications
- includes monographs, periodical articles, theses, chapters in multi-author works, unpublished works and selected product literature
- allows online searching for publications relating to businesses in specific sectors and sub-sectors
- allows online searching for publications relating to businesses in specific towns, counties and countries
- searchable countries include Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- provides short profiles of all businesses covered by the bibliography
- offers a vital new resource for historians and enthusiasts working in a wide range of history disciplines - ceramics & glass, shipping & shipbuilding, other means of transport; construction & architecture, family history, mining, retailing, banking & insurance, etc
- is supported by the Business Archives Council which encourages the preservation of business archives and the study of business history.
- it is also a complete nutcase of a project.